To apply please send your CV and cover letter to Dan.Murray@catax.com along with anything else you wish to provide.
This role is responsible for analysing the costs attributed to the R&D projects, the submission of the R&D reports and relevant other amendments required to ensure the R&D claims are processed in line with HMRC legislation and guidelines. Ensuring the client receives all benefit that is due and is obtained within HMRC guidelines and appropriate to the client’s expectations.
Additionally, responsible for ensuring that follow-on queries and processes surrounding the costs and submission are completed to create a smooth finance related process for the client.
Responsibilities and Requirements
- Excellent knowledge of the HMRC legislation and guidelines within which the company and role operates.
- Completing cost summaries and tax return submissions/amendments in a way which follows company processes, expectations and checks to maximise client benefit, accuracy and due diligence.
- Understands the company’s objectives and priorities, and how own work fits into these.
- Able to communicate and instruct, effectively and accurately with the client and internal and external stakeholders (g. internal TAMs or external accountants) regarding technical aspects of the claim related to the TA role to ensure the benefit from the claim is correct.
- Responsible for identifying any relevant process amendments that are required to ensure high levels of diligence within the process.
- Plans and organises tasks and workload effectively, taking a structured and methodical approach to achieving outcomes.
- The TA should work quickly to communicate any department or individual issues with other TAs (if appropriate) and management to ensure all the team is aware of the risk.
- Focuses on the outcomes to be achieved, working quickly and accurately and seeking guidance when appropriate.
- Strong computer and IT skills to include data processing, typing and internet research abilities with good knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Working towards agreed daily, weekly and monthly individual/ team targets to meet the annual Company revenue target
- Working with credit control and finance to establish accurate and timely processing of client billing, as well as communicating the basis of this to clients in an effective manner
Openness to change
- Positive about change, adapting rapidly to different ways of working and putting effort into making them work
- Flexible and open to alternative approaches to solving problems, whilst offering innovative and creative ideas
- Finds better, more cost-effective ways to do things, making suggestions for change and putting forward ideas for improvement
- Takes an innovative and creative approach to solving problems.
- Takes ownership for resolving problems and understands when to escalate these to management.
- Acts on own initiative to address issues, showing a strong work ethic and demonstrating extra effort when required
- Upholds professional standards, acting honestly and ethically, and challenges unprofessional conduct or discriminatory behaviour
- Asks for and acts on feedback, is keen to learn; proactively responding to feedback, learning from experience and developing own professional skills and knowledge.
- Remains calm and professional under pressure, defusing conflict and being prepared to take control when required
- Self-motivated with a positive attitude
- Gathers, verifies and assesses all appropriate and available information to gain an accurate understanding of the client’s business and projects
- Considers a range of possible options before making clear, timely, justifiable decisions
- Reviews decisions in the light of new information and changing circumstances
- Balances risks, costs and benefits, thinking about the wider impact of decisions
- Understanding of the scope and severity of potential issues and how to deal with them.
- Keen eye for detail and the ability to spot discrepancies with information provided.
Working with others
- Works co-operatively with others to get things done, willingly giving help and support to colleagues.
- Is approachable, developing positive working relationships.
- Explains things well, focusing on the key points and talking to people using language they understand.
- Listens carefully and asks questions to clarify understanding, expressing own views positively and constructively.
- Persuades people by stressing the benefits of a particular approach, keeps them informed of progress and manages their expectations.
- Is courteous, polite and considerate, showing empathy and compassion.
- Deals with people as individuals and addresses their specific needs and concerns and treating them with respect and dignity.
- Keeps clients informed of progress and manages expectations
Closing Date: 01/04/2022
Job Ref: N/A